Are you coming to volunteer or visit La Senda Verde?
Want to bring a present to the animals?
This is a list of urgently needed things that you may shop online and bring in your next visit. The animals and us will be forever grateful!
Swivel Eye Bolt Snaps
Sizes 3,5 & 4″ for harnessing new monkeys
Dog Tie Out Cables
Used for making monkey runners, 60 to 30 feet in length.
Stainless Steel Feeding Bowls
For all animals in sizes small, medium and large
Used for monkey housing.
For parrots and macaws.
For all kinds of animals.
Other things you may bring:
- Medium sized Plastic Tupperware containers for transporting animal’s food
- Natural non-acrylic rope for making monkey enrichment and games
- Sterile gloves for the vets in the clinic (size sml, med, lrg)
- Sutures and needle (fine)
- Syringes in small sizes
- Baby feeding tubes to be used as catheters
- Hand sanitizer
- 3m Scotch Cast
- Vitamins and minerals for Birds, Reptiles and mamals
- Liquid Band-Aid (as not available in Bolivia)
- Sponges for cleaning animal bowls in the prep room
- Bird enrichment: swings, mirrors, bells
- Cuttle fish or salt lick for birds to scratch their beak on
- Plastic chopping boards for spreading out Turtle Food
- Drills, hammers, screw drivers, pliers for fixing enclosures
- Electric drill
- Nails of all sizes
- Hand saws
- New born baby bottles for feeding baby monkeys
- Bottle brush for cleaning
- New born baby diapers (premature baby size)
- Small metal feeding bowls for baby monkeys and small species
- Plastic drain tubing for creating enrichment and play devices
- Hand towels, to create easily cleaned bedding for animals in clinic
- Dog brushes for grooming
- Dog clippers
- Chew Bones all sizes for dogs. XXXL for Bears
- Spray bottles & watering can, to give birds a shower
- Baby baths for quarantined turtles and creating bird baths
- Garden hose
- Paper towel for the clinic and baby monkeys.